Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bowed Down

The Lord raises up those who are bowed down. Psalm 146:8

When you are kneeled before the Father, you are in a position of honor and more importantly humility. There is something incredibly significant about the position of being bowed before God. It is an act of love and an admission of need. You silently lower yourself to a position in order to say "God I need you" and to praise and thank Him. When you are at your lowest point, He then is at His highest. When you are kneeled down, face to the ground, there is nowhere to go but up. Being bowed mirrors a similar significance of baptism, being buried with Christ and rising. The significance is in the rising. Jesus was buried, and then he arose. God never places us in a position where we cannot rise above. When we kneel we eventually stand and it is there we can rise to walk in newness of life.

1 comment:

  1. I've been in that position so many times... and My God... My Lord Jesus .... is always there with open arms to embrace.... my heart rejoices in such joy at his amazing love ... that tears well up within ... knowing I am loved just the way I am.
    Praying over you sweetheart!
    Love You... J Lewis

    ReplyDelete





Through Their Eyes







Munchkin Land Designs
Papers by Laura Deacetis